Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stupid State Laws - Michigan

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Michigan

"Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony."

Holy crap.  I guess we should first address the fact that it is apparently legal for a 12 year old to own a fucking gun in Michigan.  I'm pretty sure that if you are not of age to be able to drink let alone vote, you should definitely not be allowed to own a gun.  Second, I didn't even know a minor could even be convicted of a felony.  I could see a stupid teenager committing a felony, but a 12 year old?  No way.  This law truly amazes me on so many levels that I don't even know to say.

"Please tell me this a real weapon and please tell me that a kid in Michigan owns one."

No comments:

Post a Comment