Friday, August 1, 2014

Movie Trailer Review - Guardians of the Galaxy

This is not a review of the trailer, but a review of this movie based entirely on this movie's trailer.  I have a special talent of being able to figure out whether a movie will be any good based just on the trailer and I'm finally putting that talent to good use.  Screw you, it's a real talent.



Marvel has made some great movies recently, so I have high hopes for this thing.  Seriously, a talking raccoon that loves to shoot stuff?  I'm on board.  Sure, it's a little out there.  And sure, I had never heard of this comic book before they announced they were making this movie.  But a raccoon that shoots stuff!

As for the trailer.  When I saw the first trailer they made, I was in.  But that's not the trailer I put up above.  I included the most recent one that shows more action.  First off, I have to say that I love Chris Pratt.  He's the guy from Parks and Recreation and he is hilarious.  Next, even though I know Bradley Cooper is the voice of the raccoon, I still hear Christian Slater's voice.  Also, they show the villain briefly and believe it or not, but under all of that heavy makeup is Lee Pace, the elf king from the Hobbit movies.  There's a ton of CGI and I guess going into this movie, you should know what you are getting.....lots and lots of CGI.  Will this movie be any good?  I honestly have no idea, but when I made a list of my most anticipated movies of the summer, this one was number one, so you can bet that I'm recommending everyone go see it.  In fact, I'm going to see it tomorrow.

Estimated Opening Weekend Box Office Gross - $85 million

What Kind of Fart This Movie Will Resemble:

The Anticipated Fart - This one warns that it is back there waiting for some time before it arrives. A person who is uneasy for a time in a crowd and who later farts at a time when they think no one will notice has farted an Anticipated Fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment