Friday, September 12, 2014

Crappy Last Movies

I got to thinking the other day, "What happened to Burt Reynolds?  The last time I saw him was in that terrible Jason Statham movie, In The Name of the King.  I really hope that wasn't his last movie".  It turns out it wasn't, but I haven't heard of any of the other stuff he has done recently either.  So, this thought got me to make a list of the terrible movies of some well thought of actors.  Enjoy:

  • Sean Connery, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - The only reason this former James Bond did this movie was because he passed up on Gandolf in Lord of the Rings.  Yikes and Yikes.
  • Gene Hackman, Welcome to Mooseport - We haven't seen Gene since 2004!  What's more amazing is that three years before his retirement, he had six movies come out.  So, he literally went from being in everything to nothing quickly.
  • Marlon Brando, The Score - The good news is that he got one more movie in after The Island of Dr. Moreau.  The bad news is that that movie was still a piece of shit.
  • Jack Nicholson, How Do You Know - Yeah, Jack hasn't done a movie since 2010 and it was one I couldn't tell you anything about.  Not only that, but he doesn't even have anything in production.  In fact, he has only done three movies in the past decade and only one of them was any good (The Departed).  Weird.
  • Raul Julia, Street Fighter - It feels like this guy has done a ton of movies, but can you name anything other than the Addams Family movies and Street Fighter that he was in?  I can't either.
  • Elizabeth Taylor, The Flintstones - I never got her appeal.  She was supposedly the hottest thing in Hollywood in her heyday and yet I can't see it.  Sure, most of the pictures I've seen of her are in black and white, but so was Marilyn Monroe and I could see her beauty....kind of.
  • Rick Moranis, Brother Bear 2 - I miss this dude.  He was the man.  I guess the good news is that he still does stuff, but sadly, that stuff is country music albums.  I'm hoping they finally make a Ghostbusters sequel so that he will come out of retirement and bless us with his awesomeness.
  • Bridget Fonda, The Whole Shebang - Remember her?  I know I do.  Oddly enough, she is another actor who I feel like was in a lot of stuff but I can't name a single movie she was in off of the top of head other than Lake Placid.  Do you know why she retired?  Because she got married to Danny Elfman and stayed at home to raise the kids.  Who is Danny Elfman?  Oh, you know, he has composed every movie and TV theme song ever, from The Simpsons to Tales from the Crypt to Batman to Good Will Hunting.  Everything!

"So hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment