Monday, September 22, 2014

NOKW - Face/Off

Here comes the next chapter in our "I'm Okay With, I'm Not Okay With" series where I point out things in a movie I can tolerate and then one thing I just couldn't (if you want, click here for all of the past posts):

Movie:  Face/Off

Basic Plot:  Nicolas Cage and John Travolta trade faces so Travolta can find a bomb planted by Cage somewhere in his town, but it doesn't go as planned.

I'm Okay With:  The fact that it really doesn't matter about this part because this movie's concept is utterly ridiculous and totally worked somehow, so we are going to skip it and get to the part that really bugs me.

I'm Not Okay With:  The fact that I still don't know how Good Guy Cage escaped from the prison where he found out where the bomb was planted from Bag Guy Cage's brother.  In case you have forgotten, the reason Good Guy Cage was even in prison was the reason for the entire plot.  He switched faces with Bad Guy Cage in order to trick Bad Guy Cage's brother into telling him where a bomb was planted.  Bad Guy Cage wakes up, becomes Bad Guy Travolta, and traps Good Guy Cage in prison.  Now, GG Cage has to break out of prison and stop BG Travolta from stealing his life.  The first part of GG Cage's escape plan is decent enough, create a distraction and then break out.  The problem with this plan is that the prison is in the middle of the ocean.  GG Cage makes it outside the prison and we see him jump off the top of the prison into the water, and the next time we see him he is back in his hometown.  How in the hell did he get back?  Did he get help from the police?  Nope, they all think he is Bad Guy Cage.  Did he steal a boat?  We have no idea, they didn't show us.  Did he swim back?  Hell no, he would have died before making it home.  So, how in the hell did he escape from prison?  I am not okay with that.

"Here is Good Guy Cage pretending to be Bad Guy Cage, confused yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment