Friday, September 26, 2014

Weirdest Movies I Own

During and shortly after college, I went through a phase of collecting DVDs.  I'm fairly sure a lot of us movie junkies did that.  What college kid didn't own Se7en, Office Space, and The Big Lebowski?  But I also bought some really random movies too and still own them to this day for some reason.  Here is a space-filler, I mean, list of those movies:

  • The Brothers Grimm - Matt Damon and Heath Ledger in a movie directed by Terry Gilliam?  Sounds great on paper, not so great on film.  However, it did also feature Lena Headey, aka Cersai Lannister.
  • Boiler Room - This was based on the same story as The Wolf of Wall Street, except this one had way less drugs, sex, and nudity, and way more suckiness.
  • Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - Actually a good movie.  It stars the criminally underrated Sam Rockwell and is directed by George Clooney.  Worth a watch, not a buy.
  • Welcome to Collinwood - Another movie starring Sam Rockwell, as well as William H. Macy, Luis Guzman, and another George Clooney sighting.  This is the kind of movie you would have to own to ever see it and I would actually recommend it.
  • The Sum of All Fears - Remember Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger?  They starred Han Solo as Jack Ryan, who was an american spy or something.  Well, this is same character but played by Ben Affleck and he does not live up to the billing and I do not know why I own it.
  • Two Copies of LotR: Two Towers and Return of the King - I can actually explain this.  I bought the first copies of these movie when they came out and then bought the extended versions later.  Why I never got rid of these, I will never know, but I might do so now.
  • A Night at the Roxbury - I should probably just throw this away even if it does bring back fond memories of high school.
  • Master and Commander - I watched this once and I have no plans to ever do so again.  It should probably join the garbage this week.
  • Crash - The good news is that this movie did (undeservedly) win Best Picture.  The bad news is that I wasted money on this movie and have no intentions of ever watching again.
  • The Da Vinci Code - I was a huge fan of the book before it was cool to be a big fan of the book.  The movie sucked.

"Still Tom's worst haircut to date."

No comments:

Post a Comment