Monday, September 8, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Robin Williams

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
Sean MaguireGood Will Hunting - At first, I wanted to honor Robin by doing a post with nothing but his best roles.  But then I looked up his body of work and he had a lot of stinkers.  In any case, I started with his Oscar winning part.
Alan ParrishJumanji - This movie was a must watch as a kid and I loved every minute of it.  Somehow, it stands up to this day.
GenieAladdin - Another must watch kid movie even if it is highly racist and teaches us a terrible lesson - if you want something, you just have to wish for it and not work for it.  Seems like kind of a bad way to live life by.
Daniel Hillard Mrs. Doubtfire - Robin was great in this movie, but I liked Pierce Brosnan better, only because he was in the middle of his James Bond fame and he might be the first James Bond to make a decent movie while still playing Bond.
Rainbow RudolphDeath to Smoochy - Highly underrated movie.  It's weird, but still highly entertaining.  Seriously, how did a movie about a guy in a giant Rhinoceros costume make it past the drawing board?

Bottom 5
DanOld Dogs - I always get this movie and Wild Hogs mixed up, but for good reason, they both sucked.
Bob MunroRV - The only reason Robin could have possibly chosen to do this movie was for money.  Did he even read the script before he decided to cash the check?
Andrew MartinBicentennial Man - Never saw this thing, but based on the movie poster, it looked dumb.
Leslie ZevoToys - What can you say about this movie?  They make it look like a kid's movie, but that couldn't be further from the truth.  Seriously, nothing about this movie is meant for kids.
PopeyePopeye - While Robin made a decent Popeye, the rest of the movie was a pile of garbage.  I kind of want to see Hollywood remake this thing only because I know it will bomb.  Anyone under 30 probably has never heard of this guy.

"R.I.P. Robin, you will be missed."

No comments:

Post a Comment