Friday, November 21, 2014

Movie Trailer Review - Hunger Games 3-1

This is not a review of the trailer, but a review of this movie based entirely on this movie's trailer.  I have a special talent of being able to figure out whether a movie will be any good based just on the trailer and I'm finally putting that talent to good use.  Screw you, it's a real talent.



Let's get this out of the way.  I read these books and loved the first one, liked the second one, but loathed the last one, which this movie and the next are based on.  Why did I hate it?  Three reasons: 1) The climax was such a letdown, then it just kept going and it didn't get any better.  2)  The author introduced a lot of cool futuristic technology but failed miserably explaining what those cool gizmos did.  3) For every one paragraph of interesting plot, there were two or three paragraphs about how Katniss felt about what was going on.  All in all, I just really didn't like this book and....

I didn't even bother watching the trailer because I really have no interest in going to see this thing because of my disdain for the book.  To be fair, the first half of the book was okay and that is what this movie will cover.  So, if my mom asks me to go see it with her, I might go just because I won't be paying.  Should you go see it?  Depends if you are a big fan of this franchise and/or Jennifer Lawrence.  Otherwise, nah.

Estimated Opening Weekend Box Office Gross - $90 million

What Kind of Fart This Movie Will Resemble:

The Cushioned Fart - A concealed fart, sometimes successful. The farter is usually on the fat side, sometimes a girl. They will squirm and push their butt way down into the cushions of a sofa or over-stuffed chair and ease-out a fart very carefully without moving then or for some time after. Some odor may escape, but usually not much. Common with some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment