Monday, November 3, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Robert De Niro

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
Vito CorleoneThe Godfather Part II - All lists about great De Niro acting has to start here.
Pat Sr.Silver Linings Playbook - I was surprised I picked this one, too.  However, I really liked his role in this movie only because in a movie about Bradley Cooper being crazy, his dad was way crazier, thanks to De Niro's acting.
James ConneyGoodfellas - Another role that has to be mentioned when it comes to a list like this.
Leonard LoweAwakenings - An obscure movie about coma patients who undergo a treatment that brings them out of their comas starring Robin Williams and De Niro as one of the patients.  I saw this as a kid and still somehow liked it, so that is saying something and is the only reason it made this list.
Cpt. ShakespeareStardust - I'm sorry, I liked this movie and De Niro's portrayal as a gay airship captain was the best part.  He got as close to overly gay as you can get without overdoing it and was hilarious as well.

Bottom 5
Det. Mitch PrestonShowtime - This piece of garbage was during De Niro's "comedy" phase.  Nothing about it was funny. lest of all, De Niro himself.
Billy McDonnenGrudge Match - I watched this movie recently and hated everything about it.  The trailer made it look like a comedy and it was anything but funny.  Don't ever watch this movie.  Ever.
FrankensteinFrankenstein - The only thing I remember about this movie was that it sucked and that the monster dies in the most unspectacular fashion.
Paul VittiAnalyze That - These next two I picked for the same reason.  Whoever was making them was trying to cash in on the first one and failed miserably.  I liked the first one of both, but couldn't stand the sequels.
Jack ByrnesLittle Fockers - See above.


No comments:

Post a Comment