Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stupid State Laws - Georgia 8

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Georgia

"Persons under the age of 16 may not play pinball after 11:00 PM."

I have two very important questions about this law.  First, why is the cutoff age 16?  And second, do pinball machines even exist anymore?  Seriously, that second question is way more important.  Sure, this law was probably written in the 1800's when pinball machines still existed, but I can honestly say I haven't seen one outside of an arcade at the beach since I was, well, oddly enough 16.  Plus, does this law apply to kids who own their own pinball machines (which I'm assuming their great great grandfather gave them)?  I feel like Georgia should go ahead a repeal this law because I really don't think kids play pinball anymore unless there is a game on their iPhone that let's them play it.

"How old are you, kid?"
"17."
"Carry on then."
"Sarge, I really don't think..."
"What did I tell you rookie, I do the thinking around here.  Now let's go pester some Mexicans at the Home Depot.  I love watching them scatter."

No comments:

Post a Comment