Sunday, November 23, 2014

Stupid State Laws - Georgia 9

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Georgia

"Cussing over the telephone is against the law."

This is one of those laws that just straight up baffles me.  How in the hell do you even enforce something like this unless a cop happens to be standing beside you as it happens?  Simple answer, they can't.  Complicated answer, they cannot.  I lived in Atlanta for three years and I can honestly say that I should be in jail right now with the amount of cussing I did over the phone during that span.  Sure, I can understand that if someone is cussing on their phone in public with children around to hear it, that's bad, but what about a couple getting in a heat argument on the phone in their homes?  Does Georgia have enough cops to enforce something like that?  Not that I know of.  Then again, speeding isn't illegal as long as you don't get caught either.

"Rookie, some lady just cussed at me on the phone.  Go find her and arrest that bitch!"
"Wasn't that your mother-in-law, Sarge?"
"Uhhhhh......no."

No comments:

Post a Comment