Friday, April 25, 2014

Famous Sams

It's my birthday!  And because it's my birthday, I thought I would make a post that related to me in some way.  So, I decided to make a list of the most famous people with the same first name as me, Sam.  Let's see what I got:

  • Samuel L. Jackson - I almost forgot about this badass.  Thankfully, I did a search of Sams on IMDB and he was at the top of the list and therefore he makes the top of this list, too.
  • Sam Neill - Jurassic Park was one of my favorite movies growing up and this man was the star if you don't count the dinosaurs (which I do).  Oddly enough, the top two Sams were both in that movie.
  • Sam Elliott - You may not know his name, but you definitely know his voice.  He played 'The Stranger' in The Big Lebowski and that sweet baritone imparted The Dude with some great wisdom.
  • Sam Worthington - He got his big break in Avatar, then went on to be in those crappy Clash of Titan movies and the equally as crappy Terminator movie.  He hasn't done much since then, but he is signed up for Avatar 2, 3, and 4.  Yup, there are 3 Avatar movies in production.
  • Sam Rockwell - This Sam is one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood.  The movie most people would recognize him from is when he played Justin Hammer in Iron Man 2.  But go watch The Way Way Back and you will fall in love with him just like I did (no homo).
  • Sam J. Jones - Flash Fucking Gordon.  Enough said.
  • Sam Clafin - He's the guy who played Finnick in the newest Hunger Games and he played the (kind of) priest in the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean movie, you know the crappy one that's only redeeming factor was the hotness of that mermaid that this guy saved.
  • Sam Walton - Have you ever been to a Wal-mart?  Well, you can thank this man for founding them or punch him in the face for founding them.
  • Samuel Adams - You know, the beer guy.
  • Sam Bradford - The 1st overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft was the last first overall pick to get a mega deal before they restructured the rookie wage scale.  Before even taking a snap, he was already the 4th highest paid QB.  He hasn't live up to that.....not even close.
  • Sam Kinison - This great comedian died before his time was up, but his yelling still haunts my dreams to this day.
  • Sam Raimi - The director of Evil Dead, Spider-Man 1 and 2 (there wasn't a third one!), and the underrated For the Love of the Game.  He hasn't done much recently, but he is attached as a producer on the Poltergeist remake.
  • Sam Trammel - You definitely don't know who this is unless I said he plays Sam Merlotte, the shape-shifter, on True Blood.  Other than Eric, this guy's character is one of my favorites.
  • Sam Snead - Who?  Well, Sam Snead is golf's all-time wins leader.  Tiger Woods is only 3 wins behind him, but for now, this man sits atop of the mountain.
  • Samantha Steele Ponder - I picked her just so I would have an excuse to put a picture of a lady at the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment