Monday, April 28, 2014

Movie Sequels, Prequels, and More - Part 12

Another look at Hollywood's hilarious concept of upcoming movies, meaning that they have run out of ideas and they can only come up with another round of prequels, sequels, and remakes and nothing original.  In this case, we will be looking at all of the video games that are in production to become movies:

  • The Incredibles 2 - The original Incredibles movie is still my favorite Pixar movie to date, so to say I'm looking forward to an animated movie still sounds strange to say.
  • Cars 3 - Speaking of Pixar movies, they are cashing in on this franchise again even though the second Cars sucked pretty hard.  Yeah, for whatever reason I'm fairly sure I have seen every Pixar movie made, I feel like I'm too old for seeing these movies and yet I still watch them.
  • Fantastic Four 2 - Considering the first Fantastic Four reboot hasn't even been made yet, I find it a little weird that they have already announced the sequel.  On top of that, their casting choices for these movies may not be settled after the outrage over the current cast.  I have no problem with a black guy playing the Human Torch, but a skinny dude playing The Thing?  That makes no sense.
  • The Wolverine 2 - I recently watched the first The Wolverine and was pleasantly surprised.  Hugh Jackman is set to star as Logan for the 7th time.  Do you think he is getting tired of playing this guy over and over?  Or do you think he looks at his paycheck and doesn't give a shit?
  • Taken 3 - Liam Neeson is getting paid over $20 million for this movie.  In what world is Liam Neeson worth $20 million?
  • Captain America 3 - For some reason, they recently announced that this movie will open the same weekend as Batman v. Superman.  At first I thought that was dumb, but then again, who cares when it comes out, people will go see both.  Hell, some people might prefer this one over a Ben Affleck Batman movie.
  • Jungle Book - Haven't they beat this story into the ground by now?  What could you possibly do to this movie that will make it an improvement over any of the other 100 adaptations of Kipling's book?
  • Magic Mike 2 - The actual title of this movie is Magic Mike XXL.  Why?  I have no idea, but I saw the first one and I'm kind of interested to see where Mike's story goes.

"I have a certain set of skills....."
"Yeah yeah, but apparently your set of skills don't include making sure your family isn't 'taken' every year."

No comments:

Post a Comment