Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stupid State Laws - Alabama

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Alabama

"It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle."

This law really pisses me off and not for the reason you would think.  Sure, driving while blindfolded is really really dumb, but what really pisses me off is that a state would make create this law which should be common sense and yet not make a law against it being illegal to drive and talk on your cellphone or text while driving.  I know, you're probably one of those people who think they are still a good driver while talking on their phones, but do something for me.  The next time you are driving and talking, try and keep track off how many times you just don't remember the last mile of the drive and still tell me you are a good talker/driver.  The first time I realized I couldn't remember a five mile stretch of a drive while talking on my cellphone, I just stopped doing it.  That and do you ever notice that if you try to pass someone on the interstate who is on their phone, they always seem to speed up?  That drives me crazy and that's reason enough to make a law against it.  But no, Alabama had to make a law that everyone should already know not to do.  Then again, Alabama is full of rednecks and they have never been known for their smarts.

"There were a surprising amount of pictures of people driving while blindfolded in my Google image search."

No comments:

Post a Comment