Thursday, April 10, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Brad Pitt

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
Tyler DurdenFight Club - This one is a no-brainer.  No list of Brad's best characters can't not have this guy on it.  Did I just pull off a triple negative?  You're damn right I did.
MillsSe7en - "What's in the box!".  I wonder if I would have picked him for this role if it weren't for how awesome Kevin Spacey made this movie.
Mickey O'NeilSnatch - I couldn't understand a word his character said in this movie, but it didn't matter because that's what made it so fantastic.  I don't know if anyone has seen this movie, but if you haven't, I suggest doing so.  As a bonus, it was the first time I saw Jason Statham in a movie.
Jeffrey GoinesTwelve Monkeys - For the most part, this movie was confusing, but Brad's part was great.  In fact, I really feel like he should take another part like this one in the near future, it would restore my faith in the direction of his career.
Lt. Aldo RainesInglourious Basterds - It was a tough call between this role and his character in Burn After Reading, but I went with this one just because of his "Italian" accent.  That and this was the closest he ever got to playing his role from Twelve Monkeys again.

Bottom 5
Paul MacleanA River Runs Through It - All I know about this movie is that it is really boring and not worth my time.
Tristan LudlowLegends of the Fall - Ditto.
AchillesTroy - The problem I had with Brad in this movie is that no matter how attractive people say he is (and he is a good looking dude), he just didn't fit this part at all.  I always felt Achilles should be more badass and less pretty and therefore Brad's character just wasn't right for this role.
Jerry WelbachThe Mexican - Have you seen this piece of garbage?  Neither have I, but I heard it was terrible.
Billy BeaneMoneyball - I picked this one because 1) the real Billy Beane looks nothing like Brad and 2) this movie was kind of lame.  His team didn't actually win the big game, what's the fun in that?  As good as Billy Beane's system was, it obviously isn't good enough to win it all and therefore his story should have never been made into a movie, especially a movie that was somehow nominated for Best Picture.

"This character just missed the cut but was still really funny."

No comments:

Post a Comment