Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Must See Summer Movies

I love to watch a good movie.  And the best time for good movies is the summer.  So, I compiled a list of the movies I will most be looking forward to this summer.  Also, because it is fun to bash movies, I also made a list of five movies I will avoid at all costs.  Let's see what I got:

Top 10

  • 10) Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - I loved the first Sin City and while it has been nearly a decade since the original came out, I am still looking forward to this one.
  • 9) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - I may be one of the few who actually enjoyed the first installment of the Spider-Man reboot (anything had to be better than Spider Man 3) and at first I was pretty excited about this one.  But then they kept adding villains.  First it was Electro, then the Rhino, and then a new Green Goblin.  Didn't they learn their lesson from the third Tobey Maguire Spider Man?
  • 8) Neighbors - While I'm not the biggest Seth Rogen fan, the trailer for this movie has peaked my interest.  Plus Rose Byrne is super-hot even if a guy like Seth would never bag that in any universe.
  • 7) A Million Ways to Die in the West - This is Seth McFarland's new movie.  As you can tell by the title, it's set in the West and looks pretty funny.
  • 6) Transformers: Age of Extinction - They ditched Shia LeBeouf and added Mark Wahlberg.  Oh, and Dinobots!
  • 5) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I just saw the new trailer for this and couldn't be more excited.  Recently, I had a conversation with a buddy about the childhood movie that we couldn't wait to see and both of us said Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the same time.  That should tell you all you need to know about how much I want to see this one.
  • 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Marvel has yet to let us down.....if you don't count the second Hulk movie.
  • 3) Godzilla - When I saw they were giving this franchise another go, I thought "You have to be kidding me".  Then I saw the trailer and thought "Maybe they are on to something".  It actually looks pretty good.
  • 2) X-Men: Days of Future Past - The old cast and the new cast all wrapped up in one movie!  On top of that, they are giving us Sentinels, it's about damn time!
  • 1) Guardians of the Galaxy - When going through the list of summer movies, I was shocked when this movie came out on top.  But at the same time, this movie really does look awesome.  Anything where a raccoon wields a gun and loves to shoot people has to be good......right?

Bottom 5

  • 5) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - I thought the first prequel was okay, but there was nothing about it that I thought garnered a sequel.
  • 4) Edge of Tomorrow - In the last decade, the last movie that Tom Cruise was in that I truly enjoyed was Tropic Thunder and he only had a cameo.  So, why would I want to go see a movie that he is the star of?
  • 3) Hercules - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Hercules?  They do realize that Hercules was Greek and that The Rock is about as non-Greek as someone can get?  I saw the trailer for this and it definitely looks better than that other Hercules movie that came out earlier this year, but still, no thank you.
  • 2) The Expendables 3 - I saw the first Expendables and it was a piece of garbage.  Who in the hell keeps writing these things?  Oh, I looked it up and it's Sylvester Stallone.  I guess this is the only way he can get work anymore.  In any case, they should stop making these, they're terrible.
  • 1) Blended - Another Adam Sandler movie where he does dopey stuff and still somehow bags a girl that he shouldn't be able to get with except this time it's set in some Asian island resort.  Oh, and to make things worse, the girl is played by Drew Barrymore.  Yuck.  The only movie she was in where I liked her character was Scream and that was because she was murdered immediately.

"Yeah, Adam is as shocked as I am that this was his last enjoyable movie.  It came out in 1998."

No comments:

Post a Comment