Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Morgan Freeman

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:

Morgan Freeman

Top 5
Lucius Fox, Dark Knight Trilogy - I didn't even know that there was a Lucius Fox character in the Batman comics until I saw this movie.  Regardless, Morgan was perfect for this part.
SomersetSe7en - Kevin Spacey made this movie, but Morgan was really good as the aging homicide detective.  I still wonder what he did with Brad Pitt's character after he shot Spacey.
GodBruce Almighty - It's the voice that made him so good at playing God.  If only they could have ditched that Jim Carrey guy and made a movie about nothing but Morgan running around as God doing God stuff.
RedThe Shawshank Redemption - Next time you watch this movie, pretend that Morgan's character is actually a figment of Andy Dufrense's imagination.  Somehow that makes the movie that much better.
AzeemRobin Hood: Prince of Thieves - This movie was one casting choice away from being awesome and no, it wasn't Morgan's character.  I'll give you a hint, it starts with a "K" and ends with a "evin Costner".

Bottom 5
SloanWanted - This movie was a piece of garbage and the only reason I can guess that Morgan agreed to do it was lots and lots of money.
President BeckDeep Impact - The reason this character sucked so bad was every decision he made was terrible.  On top of the fact that it was an Armageddon ripoff.
JimHard Rain - Did anybody see this movie?  Christian Slater played an armored truck guard who got trapped in a town flooded by a "hard rain" and Morgan was the bad guy trying to steal the cash from said truck.  It was stupid and I can't get behind anybody that was in it.
Paul ShannonChain Reaction - Ah yes, a Keanu Reeves movie where he played a brilliant physics student who created cold fusion, I think.  If Neo is in the movie and he is not playing Neo, Ted, or Johnny Utah, then it sucked and so did Morgan as the kind of bad guy.
Dr. Cameron McCarthyDolphin Tale - Nope.

"Anyone with a sword like that is cool in my book."

No comments:

Post a Comment