Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dog Names

Our family dog, Georgia, passed away at the end of the summer.  It was a sad time for our family because she was the best dog ever (trust me, she was better than your dog).  And because she was the best dog ever, I decided to honor her by naming every dog we get in the future with the name of a U.S. State.  After looking through a list of the states, I came up with a nifty list of my own.  Most of the names are derived from a state, but I still found a couple that work by themselves.  Here are the best ones I found:

Males

  • Ari or Zona - Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Indiana
  • Tuck - Kentucky
  • Louie - Louisiana
  • Monty - Montana/Vermont
  • Tex - Texas

Females

  • Ally - Alabama
  • Cali - California
  • Connie - Connecticut
  • Deli - Delaware
  • Georgia (of course)
  • Ida - Idaho
  • Ana - Louisiana
  • Minnie - Minnesota
  • Missy - Mississippi (by far my favorite)
  • Penny - Pennsylvania
  • Virginia or Ginny
After showing my brother this list, he came up with a few of his own that I liked:
  • Nessie - Tennessee
  • Whiskey - Wisconsin
  • Mitch - Michigan
  • Brasky - Nebraska
  • Rhodie - Rhode Island
"Georgia loved the snow.  Unfortunately, it snowed more on the day of this picture than it has in the last five years combined.  Welcome to South Carolina."

No comments:

Post a Comment