Monday, October 6, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Billy Bob Thornton

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
Lorne Malvo, Fargo - I know this is cheating because it was a TV show, but damn it, he was amazing on this show.  He played suave and creepy so well and I had to include this role.
Morris ButtermakerThe Bad News Bears - Did they need to remake this movie?  No.  Was Billy Bob a good choice to play Buttermaker?  Yup.
WillieBad Santa - This movie is hilarious and I feel like it doesn't get its due when it comes to classic Christmas movies.  Every scene Billy Bob is in was pure gold.
Dan TrumanArmageddon - How did a Michael Bay movie make it on here?  Well, because Billy Bob was great as NASA's head guy.  Go back and watch this thing and you will be amazed at how convincing he was in this thing.
Terry CollinsBandits - This movie is underrated.  Bruce Willis and Billy Bob play bank robbers and BB's character was really funny.  If you haven't seen this, then I suggest checking it out.

Bottom 5
Karl ChildersSling Blade - Sure, this movie won some awards, but I found Billy Bob's character more annoying than anything else.  As the great Kirk Lazarus from Tropic Thunder once said, "You never go full retard" and BB did.
Hank GrotowskiMonster's Ball - You don't rape Haley Berry and don't expect to not make this list.  Triple negative, nailed it.
The U.S. PresidentLove Actually - I only put this one here because I'm ashamed I like this movie.
Dr. PSchool for Scoundrels - Piece of garbage.
Charles FarmerThe Astronaut Farmer - I never saw this movie and I've seen a lot of movies, so that should explain everything you need to know about this thing and Billy Bob's part in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment