Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Expendables 3

I was half watching the trailer for the new Expendables movie and they were showing who all was in the cast and I thought to myself, "Good lord, that is a lot of old guys to be in an action movie".  So, I decided to look up who all was in this thing and figure out their average age just for laughs.  Luckily, when I clicked on the IMDB page for the movie, they had it broken down into two parts, Credited Cast and then everyone else in the movie.  And the Credited Cast was basically all of the old guys and that made my job even easier and more hilarious.  Let's check out just how funny it is:


That's a total of 526 years for an average of 58.4 years per actor.  Almost 60 years old per actor!  For an action movie!  Your prime years are usually in your late 20's or early 30's and these guys are on average double that.  Hell, only one of them is under 50.  That's ridiculous.  And yet people keep going to see these things, so much so that they are on their 3rd movie in the series with a 4th one already in the pipe and a 61 year old Pierce Brosnan has already signed up to do it.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that Hollywood really needs a new young batch of action stars or they need to stop making movies with all of the really old ones.

"Yeah, he is slightly past his prime."

No comments:

Post a Comment