Friday, August 22, 2014

Movie Trailer Review - Sin City 2

This is not a review of the trailer, but a review of this movie based entirely on this movie's trailer.  I have a special talent of being able to figure out whether a movie will be any good based just on the trailer and I'm finally putting that talent to good use.  Screw you, it's a real talent.



It's been 9 years since the first Sin City came out.  9 Years!  Now, I will admit that I loved the the original.  It was unique, it was cool, and it was entertaining, but why wait 9 years to make a sequel?  I just don't get it.  Did it have production problems?  Did they never intend to make a sequel but Hollywood ran out of ideas and this was all they could come up with?  What?  Enough of the questions, on to the trailer.

I picked the Red Band trailer because I get to choose and that was what I went with.  The good news is that the original cast is back except for Clive Owen.  For some reason, he decided not to reprise his role as Dwight and Josh Brolin is taking over.  Why did Clive Owen not come back?  I have no idea, it's not like Clive has that big of a career going for him or anything.  Anyways, who cares.  As for the rest of it, they made it look like the original and that's cool, the action looks pretty good, and the plot seems reasonable (I guess), but I still don't see the point.  I really wanted to get behind this thing because of the first one, but I just can't.  Don't go see it, instead go see Guardians of the Galaxy again.  That movie is easily the best movie I've seen this year and it's not even close.

Estimated Opening Weekend Box Office Gross - $40 million

What Kind of Fart This Movie Will Resemble:

The Jerk Fart - The Jerk Fart is a fart by a jerk who smirks, smiles, grins, and points to himself in case you missed it. It is usually a single-noted, off-key, fading away, sort of whistle fart, altogether pitiful, but the jerk will act as if he has just farted the Biggest Fart in the World Fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment