Sunday, January 18, 2015

Stupid State Laws - Hawaii 2

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Hawaii

"Coins are not allowed to be placed in one’s ears."

I guess this makes sense, in a "that would kind of hurt someone" kind of way.  But once again, we have a law that sure never have been made and should just be chalked up to common sense.  How many people had to go to the hospital with coin-removing injuries before some idiot decided to make a law outlawing coins being placed in someone's ear?  I can only assume it was at least a hundred.  And if it was that many, don't you think it would have been easier to just arrest the crazy person that was committing this act instead of making a law?  Sure, you couldn't arrest him if that law didn't exist, but you could arrest him for injuring people.  And yes, I'm pretty sure it was just one guy, otherwise Hawaii really has some weird fetish involving coins and ears that I don't want to know about.  Way to go, Hawaii, you would a law that really didn't need to exist in the first place.

"Arrest that man, rookie!"
"Um, I'm pretty sure that's Batman and I'm also pretty sure he will kick my ass if I try."
"Really?  Batman, you say?  Cool.  Instead of arresting him, ask for his autograph."

1 comment:

  1. Everybody seems to believe this, but I haven't found an actual citation, and a number of searches of Hawaii's revised statutes have come up blank.

    ReplyDelete