Thursday, January 29, 2015

Top/Bottom 5 - Matthew McConaughey

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
WoodersonDazed and Confused - I don't care that Matt (we're cool like that) has gone on to win an Oscar, this is and always will be his best movie character.  Alright, alright, alright?
Jack BriganceA Time to Kill - I think I liked this role so much because of his previous role.  He was actually convincing as a lawyer, which is tough to do when all anyone knew him for was Wooderson at that point in his career.
Rick PeckTropic Thunder - Owen Wilson was supposed to play this part but dropped out and Ben Stiller somehow convinced Matt to do it.  And you know what?  He nailed it.
Mark HannaThe Wolf of Wall Street - A very small part, but he easily overshadowed Leo when on the screen and that says something.
Denton Van ZanReign of Fire - Everything about this movie was crap even if it did star Christian Bale, but Matt's role was great.  A crazy person who hunts dragons in a tank while wielding a giant ax.  Awesome in my book.

Bottom 5
Palmer JossContact - If I ever wrote a book, my main character would be named Palmer, which pisses me off now that I know a character named Palmer was in this long, boring piece of garbage.
Steve EdisonThe Wedding Planner - Anything Jennifer Lopez is in automatically makes the Bottom 5.  Every.  Single.  Time.
Steven BedaliaTiptoes - Have you every heard of this movie?  Look it up.  It's about a family of little people and Matt plays the only person in the family who is not little.  It's fucking crazy terrible.  Gary Oldman, a non-little person, plays a little person.  What?!?
Dirk PittSahara - I'm going to admit to having read every Dirk Pitt novel and Matt couldn't be any further from that character.  Whoever cast this movie had obviously never picked up any of the books.
Conner MeadGhosts of Girlfriends Past - There were plenty of crappy rom-coms I could have picked here, but I picked this one because the name Conner Mead sounds so stupid.


No comments:

Post a Comment