Thursday, January 15, 2015

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Al Pacino

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
Michael CorleoneThe Godfather 1 and 2 - This is a list of the best Al Pacino characters, of course Michael Corleone is on it.
Tony MontanaScarface - This movie is right up there with Dazed and Confused for best movie drinking games.  Every time he says "Fuck" or does cocaine, you drink.  Usually, you don't make it past the first hour before passing out.
Lt. Vincent HannaHeat - Great movie, great role.  Although, I honestly don't know if I've ever watched this movie from beginning to end, I still love it.
Tony D'AmatoAny Given Sunday - I still think this is an underrated movie and Pacino nailed his part.  Just watch the locker room speech before the big game and tell me you aren't pumped enough to kick someone's ass in any sport.  I dare you.
Big Boy CapriceDick Tracy - I included this role because unless you knew it was Al under all that makeup, you never would have guessed it was him.  On top of the fact that he was really good in this role.

Bottom 5
John MiltonThe Devil's Advocate - Everything about this movie was dumb....except getting to see Charlize Theron naked.  That was pretty awesome.
StarkmanGigli - This is considered one of the worst movies ever made (I blame Jennifer Lopez, but I blame her for a lot of things wrong with this world), so just by association, Pacino's role sucked too.
Jack Graham88 Minutes - Watch this movie and then tell me what it was about.  I dare you, because it's impossible
HimselfJack and Jill - Never saw it, never will, but even if this was Pacino's best acting job ever, it would still end up on the wrong end of this list.
Michael CorleoneThe Godfather 3 - Can we all pretend this movie never happened?


No comments:

Post a Comment