Monday, January 26, 2015

NOKW - TMNT 2

Here comes the next chapter in our "I'm Okay With, I'm Not Okay With" series where I point out things in a movie I can tolerate and then one thing I just couldn't (if you want, click here for all of the past posts):

Movie:  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Basic Plot:  The sequel to everyone's favorite martial art using teenage amphibians.  This time they fight the Shredder and his evil clan again, along with two other mutants.

I'm Okay With:  The fact that this is a movie about giant turtles who can kick all sorts of ass while going through puberty, so we are just going to skip this part and jump into the next bit of this post.

I'm Not Okay With:  The fact that when a fight between four giant turtles and two other mutants break out in the middle of a Vanilla Ice concert, no one freaks out and runs for the exits.  Seriously, if you saw a bunch of giant monsters crash into the building you just happen to be in, I'm fairly certain your first instinct would be "Run!".  They may have been high and/or drunk which inhibits people's decision-making abilities, but that doesn't mean you stick around when monsters are a few feet away attempting to kill each other.  And to top it off, Vanilla Ice not only didn't run, he started the concert back up so the turtles and other monsters could fight to a beat.  I am not okay with that.

"The fact that I still don't know what the one in the middle is supposed to be.  A dog?  Werewolf?  What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment